Monday 23 March 2009

THIS WEEK, I HAVE BEEN MOSTLY WORKING. WOOHOO!

I had started some quantative easing of my own by selling a few things on ebay when a friend from my ex-job gave me a tip off about a small agency half an hour away. I sent them my details along with a bit of brown-nosing about how much I liked their website. The next thing I knew I had a weeks work. My first whole weeks work of 2009. Just in time for this years council tax bill.

It's been a nice antidote to the woes of the previous week in which I had 3 potential freelance bookings cancelled because the budgets were pulled at the last minute, along with applying for 17 jobs and not hearing so much as a "thanks but no thanks" from any of them.

I've booked myself onto a 2 day intensive Flash course Thursday and Friday. It seems I need to know how to build websites as well as design them to stand any chance of getting a job these days. The course is not cheap. I also need to invest in Creative Suite 4* – a snip at just over 2 grand. Flash is very different on CS4 apparently, and the course I'm doing is the CS4 version. I'll have to flog a few more pairs of jeans on ebay.

*For anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about, Flash is a web animation programme, part of the Adobe Creative Suite software package which modern day designers and artworkers use instead of potato's and letraset. Adobe bring a new version out every couple of years and change things so much that you HAVE to upgrade. Also known as daylight robbery.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------